chriscrob (dot) com
celebrating the life and work of Chris Robinson:
writer, bassist, friend
If you’re reading this, I am in your debt.*
You have either:
* Ignored the pomposity inherent in my use of the phrase “celebrating the life and work…” to describe my (still-living) self.
* Seeing in me humility and strength of character I clearly do not possess, believed me to be dead and are just now learning you have been fooled.
Either way, thank you for reading. I am convinced my stories do not exist until someone else reads them; the same goes for this silly bit.
It means a lot.
*there is a third option: this website will likely exist on this plane longer than my current physical manifestation. I owe no debt to those who morbidly visit this encomium seeking knowledge of the dead only to be fooled by my earlier claim to be alive before learning that I was, in fact, less-than-living the whole time. I am loathe to oblige my post-mortem self to accept burdens of any kind. Especially to anyone who assumed I will instantly update this website after my death; I’ll probably pop in at some point, but it might take some time.
- Tired of the Present? Wake up in the Future with CryoNow™Travel through time with CryoNow’s patented CryoSleep™ technology. Live Life on Your Schedule Why should you be forced to spend your life right now? Throughout history, humans have fought for freedom. Never before have we had more autonomy to choose how we spend our time. Travel has never been easier; we can also choose whereContinue reading “Tired of the Present? Wake up in the Future with CryoNow™”
- [Themes] Worth Reading: Human? EditionI read so many shorts and I have nowhere to discuss them. In these segments, I’m going to post my favorite recently-published pieces. At the very least, I’ll enjoy articulating my thoughts and sending them into the aether. Maybe it will lead to more people reading more good stories, which would be kind of aContinue reading “[Themes] Worth Reading: Human? Edition”
- Needles of Power: Volume TwoNeedles of Power is a series of short stores written solely to delight my partner, Mathilde. Given that most publications tend to reach a slightly wider audience, this one has the honor of being the first chriscrob.com exclusive work of fiction. Be sure to check out Volume One first! Eloise snapped awake the moment theContinue reading “Needles of Power: Volume Two”